Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I'M BACK FROM RT!

GREETINGS!

Last week...well from last Tuesday up until yesterday I was in Chicago for the RT convention. The experience was INCREDIBLE! I met so many amazing authors, readers, and people in the business that it was unreal.
Most of the workshops I attended were extremely informative and I know the information I received will help me progress soooo much as a writer.
I'm sending a shout out and a wave (*waving*) to all of the fantastic new friends I made while we exchanged my 'Untamed' bookmarks for their postcards & business cards over those days. Every last one of you were great!!

**NERD ALERT MOMENT**

Now, here's something really cool that happened, at least to me it was because...well...it just was.

The following occurred last Saturday at the book fair signing.....After flashing my hot pink wristband that ensured I'd get J.R. Ward to sign my copy of Lover Awakened (and a couple others), and receiving said signatures and pictures of the lady herself, I had to make a...ahem, necessary run. As I stepped out of the bathroom, who should I see walking toward me with security in front of and behind her? Yep, J.R. freakin' Ward!  Of course I stopped and gawked, placing someone on hold I'd just called on my cell. So what does J.R. do? She stops right in front of me, smiles, and says, 'HI.' So I say, "Hi! Can I like, have a hug (or something very similar and equally/ridiculously nerdy) and she says, "Of course!" (probably to the chagrin of her security detail). She hugged me like a long lost relative at a family reunion.  I squealed like I'd just won a new car on The Price is Right. LOL!
J.R. Ward is one of my few FAVORITE authors. And not simply because of her BDB series but because of the anti-hero Zsadist in particular. LOVE HIM!

*shaking it off*

I just had to get that out. Whew. Now I'm back and here's my most important bit of personal news. I pitched Rachel's Wolf and Whispered Promises while at RT and will be sending BOTH to interested editors and agents in the next few days!! YAY!!!!!!!!!
I know you guys have been waiting a loooooong time for both novels and I appreciate your support and patience greatly!
As I enter this phase of the process, please keep prayers and positive thoughts lifted about the success of those stories. Goodness knows Trace & Simone and Running Wolf & Rachel have been waiting long enough.

Until next time, faithful friends!

Love and warm wishes

~Naomi
also writing as
Lydia Burton

No comments: